GEORGE CLOONEY AFICIONADOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GEORGE CLOONEY AFICIONADOS

A George Clooney forum for, and by, his fans.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Aficionados Facebook  Aficionados Twitter  Aficionados Gallery  

Member/s banned

Go down 
+6
Charley
Mercado
Olivetree
phys major
zua
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:12 am

We unfortunately found that we had a long time poster who created two other members to post alongside herself. All three had the exact same ip address which only happens if you have the same internet service provider. The chances of two people in one of the largest cities in the world, both with the same ip address, joining a George Clooney fan site within two days of each other, are about 8 million to one. But the chances of both of those new members having the exact same ip address as our long term member are we think just unbelievable. Therefore we have sadly decided to ban the three posters. It's something we don't like doing but using multiple nics is not allowed here or on any other forum. We did try very hard to work things out but it just couldn't be done. We aren't going to say who it was but you are smart cookies and will no doubt work it out yourselves. This isn't something we do lightly but it needed to be done. We hope that you can all respect our decision on this issue.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://clooneyaficionados.forumotion.com
zua

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 2:35 am

Sad to hear that. I think you did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
phys major

phys major

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 7:13 am

You girls are one smart bunch cheers 
Back to top Go down

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 7:39 am

Very sad it's a long time poster, usually it's new ones just out to cause hassle cause they are bored. I couldn't cope with more than 1 username, I struggle to remember where ive posted and what I've written most times, just getting old Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 6:32 pm

Sadly we have had to ban another member. This person had taken to mocking other members' opinions and we will not sanction that. We are all entitled to our opinions, and for the most part that is an edict that has been very much respected here at Aficionados. We have differing views - as is to be expected with such a wide variety of members - but it is rare indeed that members have been personally ridiculed. And that is the way we intend it to remain. Argue the point by all means, but not the person. If you can't do that, then there is some validity lacking in your argument.
Back to top Go down
Olivetree

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 pm

oh i missed the drama..thanks for keeping this site classy.
Back to top Go down
zua

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 4:53 am

Sorry to hear that.
Thank you for the action.
Back to top Go down
Mercado

Mercado

Location : Normal is an illusion what is normal to the spider is chaos for the fly.

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 10:15 am

It's something we don't like doing but after discussions with each other and our wonderful mods we felt we couldn't allow it to continue. These actions are never taken lightly.
Back to top Go down
Charley

Charley

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 3:47 pm

Well we've had another person trying to use Aficionados to sell stuff, so their posts and their membership have been deleted.
Back to top Go down
mirror mirror rebooted

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 10:51 pm

Hi there

how do I set it up so that I don't get notifications in my inbox?

Regards

mirror mirror rebooted (formerly mirrormirror but stuffed up my log in!!!!)
Back to top Go down
kathlene

kathlene

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Mirror, I go to Profile and then Preferences. There is a list of questions that you can click "yes" or "no". I hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Mercado

Mercado

Location : Normal is an illusion what is normal to the spider is chaos for the fly.

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 8:12 am

Thanks Kathlene. Are you all fixed now mirror?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 12:00 pm

Another member has been banned - this time for continually bringing HER OWN politics into threads that have nothing to do with politics. She even went so far as to post links to her own political blog. This is a George Clooney fan forum. Yes, a lot of us are not the died-in-the-wool fans that we once were, but Aficionados is not the place for anyone to preach their own political views.
Back to top Go down
KIKI

KIKI

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 12:12 pm

Good decision! Enough is enough!
Back to top Go down
Mercado

Mercado

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 1:00 pm

Yes we did give warnings and she just wouldn't stop. I personally am not into politics it bores me and everyone has their own opinion and they are entitled to that but not putting it into every thread it was not right.
Back to top Go down
Charley

Charley

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 2:21 pm

Mercado wrote:
Yes we did give warnings and she just wouldn't stop.

Personally I don't think she was able to stop. Zealots can't. And they come in all shapes and sizes. They also often come with one or more alter egos. They usually don't cease their clap trap when told to and try again. Someone might slip through the net for a little while, using different ip addresses as she's already done because there wasn't anyone agreeing with her, but they can't stay hidden for long. It is amazing the number of pm's I've had naming alter ego names and aliases.
Back to top Go down
piamia8

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 11:48 pm

Yeah, I come here to get away from politics, lol!
Back to top Go down
Charley

Charley

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Quote :
Someone might slip through the net for a little while, using different ip addresses

Blimey - I didn't think she'd try this quickly but she did!!!! But when the email address is practically the same, and the ip address is identical, then we kind of guess that it's the same person. We might be a bit silly at times, but we are not idiots.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Member/s banned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member/s banned   Member/s banned Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Member/s banned
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GEORGE CLOONEY AFICIONADOS :: WELCOME TO GEORGE CLOONEY AFICIONADOS :: All About Aficionados-
Jump to: